CURRENT WORLD RANKING:
Currently Malaysia Football Team or locally known as "Harimau Malaya" (Malaya's Tiger) sit at number 156 in FIFA World Ranking. Funny that Laos, a much smaller team sit at 155 and Philippines at 129! But sadly Thailand, one of top THREE contenders in South East Asian football sit at number 165. Personally I don't think the FIFA ranking is so accurate. Whatever it is, I present to you interesting facts about Malaysia Football Team as below. Enjoy it!
CURRENT NATIONAL COACH:
Mr. Dollah Salleh - Age: 52 years old
In late 80's, Dollah and his striking patner, Zainal Abidin Hassan are one of Malaysia sharpest in front of goal. Both flourish to become their club, Pahang and Malaysia best striker ever. Until 1998, he retired from playing football and decided to coach Selangor MPPJ in 2003. And now he is the head coach for Malaysia starting this year. Just... the record he holds right now which is 3 wins out of 10 matches is not that confident. With the 2014 AFF Suzuki Cup running, I don't think so Malaysia will beat Thailand in the Final Round to win the Champion Title (for the second time).
CURRENT MOST CAPPED PLAYERS:
1. Safee Sali (30 y.o. Forward) - 64 caps
2. Aidil Zaquan (27 y.o. Defender) - 62 caps
3. Safiq Rahim (27 y.o. Midfielder) - 54 caps
4. S. Kunanlan (28 y.o. Midfielder) - 54 caps
5. Shukor Adan (35 y.o. Defender) - 51 caps
CURRENT YOUNGEST PLAYERS:
1. Muhammad Farhan Roslan (Midfielder) - 18 y.o.
2. Gary Steven Robbat (Midfielder) - 22 y.o.
3. Zubir Azmi (Defender) - 23 y.o.
4. Fadhli Shas (Defender) - 23 y.o.
5. Wan Zaharulnizam Zakaria (Midfielder) - 23 y.o.
p/s: Updated news, Final 2014 AFF Suzuki Cup First Leg: Thailand 2 - 0 Malaysia